Teraz Patuano is an emerging artist from San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas.
Teraz Patuano (pseudonym), was born in the year of 1991 in the city of San Cristóbal de Las Casas, a city where he has remained until today. Teraz’s interest and interest in drawing began as a child.
During his years of study, he dealt with the constant attempts by teachers to keep him away from the only thing that interested him to learn and do, to draw. With low grades he finished his elementary, middle and high school studies, this as a result of his unsurpassed interest in the images that surrounded him, images on the streets, in magazines, in cartoons. He attended primary school when he first saw the development of clandestine graffiti on the walls of his school, awakening his surprise and interest in aerosols and paint. In those times Teraz spent much of his time making replicas of cartoons and puzzles that schoolmates bought him, draw and see cartoons were his young passion.
In high school he left a line of Teraz on all the pews in all the classrooms. He spent hours flipping through magazines in the magazine shop in the center of San Cristóbal, until a friend brought him graffiti magazines that he began to copy in his notebooks and little by little he met people who shared the same interest as him.
He used to write and sing hip-hop while his friends did graffiti on some wall of the city, until the moment he decided to stop singing to start graffiti. In his beginnings he “graffiti” letters, a style that he left early to paint his own images. After finishing high school Teraz interrupted his studies for a year, year that he dedicated to painting on canvas and with various materials, in the living room of his house.
He studied for a short time the degree in Graphic Design as well as the Bachelor of Visual Arts, but his creative work has always been urgent. A little more than eighty walls of neighborhoods of the city expose Teraz’s painting, walls exploded with colors and forms, walls of images that hit, invite to re-imagine.Undoubtedly one of the most productive painters in the city, currently makes paintings on canvas, but when he falls over the fatigue of the restriction that means the canvas, goes out to touch the doors to get a wall.
“… and what I want the most is to paint big, tall buildings.”
- 2014 Collective exhibition at the Museum of the City of Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas.
- 2016 Collective exhibition “Like a virgin” in Arteria Galería, in the city of San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
- 2017 Collective exhibition “Postdata” in the Museo de las Culturas Populares, San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
- 2017 Collective exhibition “Políticamente incorrecta” at the art Gallery Arteria in San Cristóbal de Las Casas.
- 2017 Individual exhibition “Gusanos” at the art Gallery Arteria in San Cristóbal de Las Casas.
- 2017 Individual exhibition “Lo que las moscas miran” at Sereno Art Hotel in San Cristóbal de Las Casas.