Cristian Espinosa is an emerging artist from San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas.
Cristian Espinosa “El Cristian” was born on February 22, 1995 in the city of San Cristobal de Las Casas, in the legendary neighborhood of La Merced, where his love for art was born and developed. Cristian has trained both outside and inside the academy. He is currently studying the last semesters of the Visual Arts degree in the state capital, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, but prior to entering the university, Cristian was fortunate to meet Nacho Chincoya and Juan Chawuk, two talented and renowned painters from Chiapas. who received the first and most important knowledge about painting.
Exhibitions and contests:
▪ 2011: Recognition granted by the H. Congress of the State of Chiapas, for having participated in the first course of: “Textile Painting on Fabric”. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ 2012: Diploma for obtained the first place in the painting contest at Encuentro Nacional de Artes y Cultura (ENAC) 2012, state stage. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ 2012: Diploma for obtained the second place in the Painting Contest in the Encuentro Nacional de Arte y Cultura (ENAC) 2012, state stage. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ 2012: Diploma for obtained the third place in the painting contest in the Encuentro Nacional de Arte y Cultura (ENAC) 2012, state stage. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ 2013: Recognition for the collaboration in technical and artistic performance, for the elaboration of the mural “La luz de la igualdad y la justicia” made at the Facultad de Derecho of the UNACH. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ Elaboration of the Mural in the Centro de Bachillerato Tecnológico Industrial y de Servicios No. 92. San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas.
▪ 2013 Participation in the XXXV Architecture Week at the Painters Exhibition of the Bombajel Mayaetik Association, Convention Center of the UNACH.
▪ 2014: Participation in the book of poems “Noches de colibríes” written by Xanath Caraza,Kansas Missouri.
▪ 2014: Participation and recognition Exposición Pictórica del museo itinerante “La
multiculturalidad de Chiapas” , by:
-City Hall of San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas. March 19, 2014.
-City Hall of Domínguez, Chiapas. March 2014.
-Constitutional Municipal Government of Chiapa de Corzo. 21 to March 25, 2014.
– Constitutional Council of Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas. March 28 to April 1of 2014.
-Airport of Palenque, Chipas. May 29 to June 9, 2014
-The Planetarium of Bachilleres de Chiapas. May 2014
-Secretariat of Culture of the Government of the State of Campeche from June 13 to 23, 2014
.-The Benito Juárez City Council and the Institute of Culture and the Arts. Cancun, Quintana Roo June 27, 2014.
▪ 2014: Participation in the elaboration of murals “La multiculturalidad de Chiapas” in the former convent of San Agustín, San Cristóbal de las Casas.
▪ 2015: Collective exhibition “Perspectiva emergente” house of culture Luis Alamínos, Tuxtla Gutiérrez. Chiapas From September 11 to 25, 2015.
▪ 2016: Publication of works in the third edition of the book “Flamantes” Madrid, Spain.
▪2016: Individual exhibition “Crónicas iconográficas de la felicidad oculta” at Arteria A.C., Chiapas art gallery in San Cristóbal de las Casas.
▪ 2016: Inauguration and presentation of the mural “Arriba las manos” at Arteria A.C., Chiapas art gallery in San Cristóbal de las Casas.
▪ 2017: Individual exhibition “Diarrea sentimental” Rastro art gallery, San Cristóbal de las Casas.
▪ 2017: Individual exhibition “Antídoto” Sereno art hotel.
▪ 2018: Individual exhibition “Depresión tropical” at Arteria A.C., Chiapas art gallery in San Cristóbal de las Casas.
I’m interested in the urban graphic and with a lot of curiosity I stop toad in the popular. I move forward with eyes full of color visualizing the landscape,accompanied by sinister beings and other friendly ones. There I decided to build my painting and unearthing images that suggest an aesthetics of the social environment and media. Pictorial confrontation of this reality, carries with it a series of codes, with a mixture of languages that emerge from neoliberalism or from my personal folklor. It lives there now, in nostalgia, in construction, in the background in love with that form, the free form of creation.